Admissions Requirements and Procedures
Enrollment and Admissions Requirements and Procedure
- Be at least 18 years of age (past the age of compulsory education)
a. Complete an application
b. Submit a non-refundable registration fee of $75
- Graduates of regionally accredited high schools are eligible for admission to Learnet Academy (for domestic students only).
- Students who possess the equivalent of a regionally accredited high school diploma are eligible for admission to Learnet Academy. Such equivalents include the following (for domestic students only):
a. The Certificate of Proficiency, based on completion of the High School Proficiency Examination with satisfactory scores
b. The California High School Equivalency Certificate (GED): applicant must have a minimum score of 45 on each of the five sections and an overall score of 250 or higher
- All applicants to Learnet Academy (except those applying for the EFL Program) must pass an Entrance Examination. Testing must be completed prior to signing the enrollment agreement. Learnet Academy uses the Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam (SLE), a nationally recognized standardized test that measures an applicant’s potential for successfully completing the program in which they plan to enroll. If the student does not receive a passing score, the student may take the test again after seven days. The test shall be given by the institution on its premises. A score of 17 or above is required.
- Complete the following enrollment paperwork. Copies of paperwork from a and b should be given to the student. Students can print out the rest of the paperwork from http://www.learnet.net (c, d, e, f, g, and h).
a. Enrollment Agreement, Attendance Card, a valid form of identification, Entrance Record (Admissions Application and Interview), Entrance Test, Promissory Note (cash only) for Student File
b. Student Disclosure Form
c. Notice of Student Rights
d. Notice of Cancellation
e. Campus Security
f. Refund Calculations/Table of Examples
g. Student Complaint Procedure
h. School Catalog
- The Admissions Representative must recommend the student for enrollment and submit the enrollment paperwork to the Executive Director for approval.
For International Students
An I-20 cannot be processed until all items in this checklist are completed and have been received:
- Completed I-20 application form
- Official bank statement or sponsor letter and endorsement dated within the past three months containing a minimum of $15,000 USD per year
- High school diploma or equivalent record
- A photocopy of the page from student’s passport showing full legal name, birth date, passport expiration date, and photograph
- For F-1 transfer students only: a transfer letter from the school that student has been attending, and copies of student’s most recent I-20, I-94, and F-1 visa.
For more information, call us 213.387.4242 or email email@example.com .