Learnet Academy is located at 3251 West 6th Street in the heart of Los Angeles’ mid-Wilshire district. The school is ten minutes from downtown Los Angeles and occupies the second floor of the Holmes Center.
Los Angeles, with its cosmopolitan population, its wide selection of cultural and social activities and its ideal location, is one of the most popular choices for students or visitors coming to the United States. The school is located in the prestigious Mid-Wilshire section of the city, close to shops, restaurants, theaters, museums, and other cultural attractions.
Learnet Academy started in 1993 to address the need for computer related professional programs in the Mid-Wilshire District of Los Angeles. Learnet Academy is under Voluntary Agreement with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education. As of March 4th, 2004, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and SEVP approved Learnet Academy to admit nonimmigrant students. This brought to fruition our goal to extend the scope of Learnet Academy’s programs beyond domestic students, to include international students who want to study in U.S. from overseas.
Mission, Goal, and Objectives
Our school is small by tradition and design.
We understand that we are preparing our students to study in a changing world that is influenced by transnational developments. We concern ourselves with the personal development of the individual student, and we encourage all students to care for one another and for Learnet Academy.
Learnet Academy’s mission is to provide an education that prepares its students with the ability to meet their academic and professional goals in a globalized world.
Learnet Academy’s goal is to establish an academic community that unites students, employers, communities and nations for those wishing to pursue academic or professional positions related to:
- Admissions to U.S. colleges and universities for higher / continuous education.
- Computer Information Infrastructure: Computer System Engineer and Database Administrator
- Computer Information Technology Administrator : Microcomputer Support Specialist
- Real Estate and Finance: Real-Estate Salesperson / Broker
- Construction Management: General Contractor
- Provide a supportive educational environment that will maximize student learning potential.
- Offer range of quality programs, which are routinely upgraded to reflect the current and future needs within related academic and professional fields.
- Assist in admission for higher or continuous education and/or job placement for professional.
- Provide valuable and highly trained employees to the organization with quality skills and a good educational background.
Communities and Nations
- Learnet Academy seeks to prepare our international students for professions not only in the United States, but also in their own nations.
Approvals and Affiliations
Learnet Academy is under Voluntary Agreement with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education (Institution Code #1937011) and has approvals for Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), California Department of Real Estate (DRE), Microsoft IT Academy, and Microsoft Certified Partner.
Learnet Academy has been approved by Department of Homeland Security to issue I-20 for F-1 student visa.
Learnet Academy is a Vendor for Veterans Affairs (Title 38), WIA (Workforce Investment Act), CRA (Community Redevelopment Agency of Los Angeles), Employment Training Panel (ETP) and provides Rehabilitation Training.
Learnet Academy is also affiliated with California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS) and National Association of Foreign Student Advisors (NAFSA).
Learnet Academy is an Authorized Prometric Testing Center (CA109), Certiport Center, Test of English Foreign Language (TOEFL) iBT Center, Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) Testing Center and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Center for Federal Government Employees.
As such many official Federal and State Certification tests may be given on the campus.